In the event of an emergency or disaster, early intervention and immediate action from Emergency Response Team (ERT) is absolutely critical. The ability for ERT members to handle emergency situations at an early stage will minimize damage to property and the loss of lives. ERT members should be trained in First Aid, Fire Fighting, and Rescue. These three components of skills are of extreme importance for an ERT member to master. Unfortunately though, to date most ERT receive very basic training in first aid while too much emphasis is given to fire fighting. The ability for the ERT to react in an emergency situation while controlling a fire, managing as well as caring for all victims involved in an effective manner is very crucial.
1. To provide exposure to ERT members to the Malaysian Disaster Management system and the role of ERT during an emergency or disaster.
2. To provide basic knowledge and skills to ERT members on the application of Emergency Medical equipment and Search & Rescue equipment.
3. To provide the ERT members with the knowledge and skills in Managing Trauma and Advanced Fire Fighting.
4. To provide the ERT members with the knowledge and skills in Radio Communication and Documentation pertaining to emergency.
5. To combine the skills and ability to provide Emergency Response through simulated exercises.
EMEGENCY RESPONSE PREPAREDNESS.pdf
|Date:||17 December, 2014|